Asparagus, Mushroom & Pea Gnocchi
- 1 pieces bunch of asparagus woody parts removed and cut into fourper stalk
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 230 cup Gmushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of green shallots thinly sliced - white parts only
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 1 cup rocket
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- Juice from half a lemon
- Cook the asparagus in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for around 1 minute. Using tongs remove from the water and place in a bowl of ice water. Once cool enough to handle cut the asparagus into bite size pieces.
- Cook the gnocchi in the same pot of boiling water as the asparagus until they are fully cooked and float to the surface. Drain and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until beginning to soften. Add the spring onions and continue to cook for about 2 more minutes. Add the wine, stir the vegetables and cook until the moisture has evaporated.
- Stir in peas, asparagus and gnocchi. Toss until all the vegetables are well combined and continue to cook until the vegetables are warmed through. Add the parmesan cheese, rocket, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and lemon juice.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and add reserved cooking liquid if need be. Divide among plates and serve warm.