Sweet Strawberry Focaccia With Basil
- 400 g plain four
- 100 g fine semolina
- 2 g sea-salt flakes
- 380 ml warm water
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1 tsp ⁄2caster sugar
- 1 cup ⁄4extra virgin olive oil
- Extra plain flour to dust
- Extra olive oil to grease
- Extra semolina to dust
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries hulled, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ⁄3icing sugar mixture
- 1 cup ⁄2basil leaves
- Combine flour, semolina and salt in a large bowl. In a medium jug, combine warm water, yeast, sugar and oil. Set aside for 3 minutes or until foamy.
- Make a well in centre of flour mixture and gradually pour in yeast mixture. Using your hands, gradually combine ingredients to form a dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. If dough is too sticky to work with, add up to 100g extra flour.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with extra oil. Transfer dough to bowl, then cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm and dry place for 45-60 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Dust an oven tray with extra semolina. Turn out dough onto prepared tray and shape into a rough oval. Dust with a little more extra semolina, cover with a clean dry tea towel and set aside to prove for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C. Toss strawberry rounds with vinegar and 2 Tbsp of the icing sugar in a large bowl.
- Stud dough with strawberry rounds, poking into indentations to stop dough from rising while baking. Dust with 1 Tbsp of the remaining icing sugar and drizzle over a little of the bowl juices from strawberries. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Dust with remaining sugar and scatter over basil leaves. Slice into pieces and serve.